I am probably on the way home from the beach about now. These are what caught my interest and may even kick your sun frazzled brains back into gear.
• Profits Came in Lower Than Expected? Hip, Hip, Hooray! (WSJ) see also Election or Not, Stocks Seem Poised for Trouble in 2013 (WSJ)
• California’s marijuana industry under attack (Money CNN)
• Bob Shiller: ‘Framing’ Prevents Needed Stimulus (NYT)
• Morgan Stanley Smith Barney rainmakers consider exit (Reuters) see also A Bunch Of Big Advisers At Morgan Stanley Might Leave The Firm For A Totally Embarrassing Reason (Business Insider)
• Investing: Hedges on the edge (FT.com)
• MERS: Mortgage Registry Muddles Foreclosures (NYT)
• Can we save American capitalism? (Washington Post) see also Are Groups More Rational than Individuals? (Conversable Economist)
• From Physician Glut to Physician Shortage (Economix)
• Bruce Bartlett: Why I will be staying at home on US election day (FT.com) see also Four more years? (The Economist)
• What I Am Grateful For (James Altucher)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.