Its a 3 day holiday weekend, and that means some longer form articles:
• Above the Market: Reckoning with Risk Part 1 & Part 2
• The Economist is the Voice of the New Global Elite (National Interest)
• “Bayesian Persuasion,” E. Kamenica & M. Gentzkow (2011) (A Fine Theorem) see also The Origins of the “Great Inflation” (Historinhas)
• China in Revolt (Jacobin)
• Everything You’ve Heard About Failing Schools Is Wrong (MoJo)
• Greed and Debt: The True Story of Mitt Romney and Bain Capital (Rolling Stone) see also The Federal Bailout That Saved Mitt Romney Government documents prove the candidate’s mythology is just that (Rolling Stone)
• Exclusive: Inside Karl Rove’s Billionaire Fundraiser (Business Week) see also Two Dark Money Groups Outspending All Super PACs Combined (Pro Publica)
• Christopher Hitchens: an impossible act to follow (Telegraph)
• Indulging in a Yacht, but Still Minding the Expenses (NYT)
• Best insect repellents: They can protect you from mosquitoes carrying West Nile virus (Consumer Reports)
What are you doing this weekend?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.