My Friday morning crash anniversary reads:
• Ask A Banker: What’s A Derivative? (Planet Money) see also A Tax to Kill High Frequency Trading (Forbes)
• The War Over Economic Facts (Businessweek)
• Another stock crash like 1987’s is inevitable (MarketWatch) but see Get set to buy stocks after a market crash (MarketWatch)
• SEC’s Gallagher Challenges Idea of FINRA as Advisor SRO (Advisor One)
• Google Under Pressure to Wring Sales From Mobile Users (Bloomberg) see also Microsoft to AMD Follow Intel Suffering From PC Weakness (Bloomberg)
• 1987: A Computer Lesson Still Unlearned (NYT)
• 2nd presidential debate in graphs (Ezra Klein’s WonkBlog) see also The Democrats play hide and seek with Mitt Romney (Economist)
• The Onion Book of Known Knowledge (The Onion)
• Sheila Bair: 5 Steps Obama or Romney Must Take to Fix Wall Street (Fiscal Times) see also Of Bulls and Bair (Rajiv Sethi)
• Readers’ Poll: The Best Led Zeppelin Songs of All Time (Rolling Stone)
What are you reading?
Debt Fuels a Dividend Boom
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.