My end of the week, morning reads:
• Is high-frequency trading a threat to stock trading, or a boon? (WP)
• Santoli: On Wall Street, Selling Fear Is Good Business (Yahoo Finance)
• Benoit Mandelbrot: A Math Genius’s Sad Calculus (Tablet Mag)
• Euro Survives, but Future Is in Doubt (NYT)
• U.S. Economy Is in the Eye of the Beholder (WSJ)
• Eisinger: Why Freddie Mac Resisted Refis (ProPublica) see also Very quietly, Countrywide, BofA settle 5 investors’ MBS fraud suits (Thomas Reuters)
• Google: Intransparent Methods of an Internet Giant (Spiegel Online) see also Facebook analysts say to hell with GAAP (Footnoted)
• The Independent Libertarian Candidate: Pipe Dreamer (The Atlantic)
• Revolving Doors Matter (Baseline Scenario)
• God Distances Self From Christian Right (The Onion)
What are you reading?
5% Declines During Current Bull Market
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.