Very nice big macro think piece from HSBC global research, looking at the key drivers of markets, psychology, asset prices and investing:
Ten Key Trends Changing Investment Management
1. The search for yield.
2. The death – or rebirth – of equities
3. Risk minimising strategies
4. The growth of multi-asset
5. The shift to passive
6. The relentless rise of ETFs
7. The decline of the hedge fund?
8. Harvesting the illiquidity premium
9. Where will the money come from?
10. The challenge of ESG (environmental, social, governance)
Huge amount of info on each trend — its a 50 page report . .
The 10 key trends changing investment management …and how they will affect asset prices
Multi Asset Strategy September 2012
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.