My afternoon train reading:
• Another Max Abelson special: No Joy on Wall Street as Biggest Banks Earn $63 Billion (Bloomberg)
• Is unlimited growth a thing of the past? (FT.com) see also To Economic Consensus, Add Skepticism (WSJ)
• Good News for the Unemployed (Slate)
• The Data Don’t Support That The U.S. Bank Bailouts Were Better Than the Swedish Model (Naked Capitalism)
• Debunking Economics, Part XI: Predicting the Crisis (Unlearning Economics)
• Robots Are the Future of the Oil Industry (Businessweek)
• Mandatory Quality Disclosure and Quality Supply: Evidence from German Hospitals (Ideas) see also Why does Health Care price increases count as wage gains for the Poor? (NYT)
• Top 1% Got 93% of Income Growth as Rich-Poor Gap Widened (Bloomberg)
• Obama Lead Over Romney Similar to 2008 Margin Over McCain (Bloomberg) but see Poll Shows Slim Obama Lead (WSJ)
• Introspective Mann: Amie Mann’s latest album garnering good reviews, poor puns (WSJ)
What are you reading?
A Periodic Look at Performance and Where Investor Money is Moving
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.