My morning reads to start your week:
• High-Speed Trading No Longer Hurtling Forward (NYT)
• Dividend stocks are investing’s holy grail (MarketWatch) see also Get Ready for the Dividend Cliff (WSJ)
• The Buyback Epidemic (The Reformed Broker)
• Lavish CEO pay doesn’t work as intended (NBC) see also Executive Superstars, Peer Groups and Over-‐Compensation – Cause, Effect and Solution (IRRC)
• Global Economy Distress 3.0 Looms as Emerging Markets Falter (Bloomberg)
• New Fed governor defends bond-buying decision (WaPo) see also Fischer Backs Fed QE3 as World ‘Awfully Close’ to Recession (Bloomberg)
• Sheila Bair: Questions From a Bailout Eyewitness (NYT)
• The Sad Story of Jack Welch in Retirement (TheStreet.com)
• US Online Ad Revenues Set Another Peak in H1, Up 14% Y-O-Y (Marketing Charts)
• Repealing Deductions Pays for 4% Tax Cuts, Study Says (Bloomberg)
What are you reading?
U.S. Oil Boom Falls Short of Pump
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.