My morning reads:
• Markets are up. Earnings are down. Here’s what’s really going on. (WP) see also Market Warning Signs (Stocktwits)
• Narula Masters Fed, Beats Funds With 500% Gain: Mortgages (Bloomberg) so sorry about that down 100% year in 2008…
• Stocks Skid Into Earnings Pothole (WSJ) see also 20% (WTF?) of US Firms Cook the Books During Earnings: Report (CNBC)
• New York mortgage trial could have broad impact on Wall Street (Reuters)
• On the Unsustainability of Austrian Business-Cycle Theory, Or How I Discovered that Ludwig von Mises Actually Rejected His Own Theory (Uneasy Money)
• Facebook: The Making of 1 Billion Users (Business Week) see also Facebook Fought SEC to Keep Mobile Risks Hidden Before IPO (Bloomberg)
• out of office reply (The Reformed Broker)
• The Index of Missing Economic Indicators; The Unemployment Myth (NYT) see also US underemployment is not as bad as you think (FT)
• The Renminbi Challenge (Project Syndicate)
• Does Biology Make us Liars? (The New Republic) see also Half of the Facts You Know Are Probably Wrong (Reason)
What are you reading?
There 3.5 People Looking for a Job for each Position available in August 2012
Source: Economic Populist
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.