My afternoon train reading:
• Romney Rally: Banks, Health Care, Coal Stocks Big Winners (WSJ)
• Investors: 2nd Class Status Brings 2nd Rate Returns (Fiscal Times)
• Apartment Demand Ebbs as ‘Avalanche’ of New Units Open (CNBC)
• Jobs Report May Show a Big Surprise (WSJ)
• WTF? Broker Sent Oil Prices to Eight Month High in a Drunken Stupor (Oil Price) see also California Gas Stations Begin to Shut on Record-High Prices (Bloomberg)
• Voting with the wallet (Economist)
• Candidates Ignored Some Big Economic Issues in Debate (WSJ) see also Taking Stock of Some of the Claims and Counterclaims (NYT)
• Bank-Friendly U.S. Regulator Shifts to Revamp Reputation (Bloomberg)
• China, Robots/Automation and Unemployment (Econ Future) see also Oil Tumbles on Fears About China (WSJ)
• Map Apps to Bypass the Rivalry of Google and Apple (NYT)
What are you reading?
Burdened by Old Mortgages, Banks Are Slow to Lend Now
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.