My afternoon train reading:
• Bear market may begin Tuesday (Market Watch)
• How Much Trust Should We Have in Economic Data? (The Fiscal Times) see also Total warns over ‘inaccurate’ benchmarks (FT.com)
• Who are the Five Best Financial Bloggers? (The Reformed Broker)
• Speed Kills: How Superfast Trading Hurts Small Caps (CFO)
• The use of mathematics in economics and its effect on a scholar’s academic career (Ideas) see also (Statistically) It’s My Birthday Too, Yeah (NYT)
• The next Fed chief: Who gets the job if the president wins a second term? (WP)
• Redefining Medicine With Apps and iPads (NYT)
• America Cannot ‘Lead From Behind’ in Asia (The Diplomat)
• So it looks like Samsung might not have tried to copy the iPhone (CNET)
• The weak shall inherit the earth (Economist)
What are you bookmarking?
Map of the Market
Source: Smart Money
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.