Another set of instructive rules for investors, this one from Morgan Housel:
1. Nine out of 10 people in finance don’t have your best interest at heart.
2. Don’t try to predict the future.
3. Saving can be more important than investing.
4. Tune out the majority of news.
5. Emotional intelligence is more important than classroom intelligence.
6. Talk about your money.
7. Most financial problems are caused by debt.
8. Forget about past performance.
9. The perfect investment doesn’t exist.
9 Financial Rules You Should Never Forget
October 14, 2012
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.