Some longer form reads to start your Saturday morning:
• Falling Revenue Dings Stocks: U.S. Companies on Track to Report Lower Sales for First Time in Three Years; Dow Falls 205 Points (WSJ)
• 6 Wall Street blogs you should be reading (Market Watch)
• Why Financial Advisers Lie (Rick Ferri)
• The great Stradivarius swindle (Telegraph)
• The Beauty of the Airline Baggage Tag (Slate)
• Stumbling and Mumbling: KEYNESIANISM, LEFT & RIGHT (Stumbling and Mumbling)
• The Self-Destruction of the 1 Percent (NYT)
• More on Why Nations Fail: What about the United States? (Scholars and Rogues)
• The Kochs’ quest to save America (McClatchy) see also Koch-backed activists use power of data in bid to oust Obama from White House (Guardian)
• Bill & Hillary Forever (NY Magazine)
What are you doing this weekend?
Extreme volatility, 2 bear markets, strong recovery rally
Source: Chart of the Day
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.