Some longer form readings to start your weekend:
• The Bloomberg Way (The Atlantic)
• After the Boom in Natural Gas (NYT)
• Which Fortune 500 Companies Are Sheltering Income in Overseas Tax Havens? (Citizens for Tax Justice)
• Thomas Edison’s Quixotic Plan for a New Monetary Policy (Bloomberg)
• Billions in Hidden Riches for Family of Chinese Leader (NYT) see also Dirty money cost China $3.8 trillion 2000-2011: report (Reuters)
• The Story of Grand Central Station and the Taming of the Crowd (Scientific American)
• The Theory Generation (N+1)
• George Lucas’s Force (The Chronicle)
• Feet of clay, heart of iron: Horseshoe champion Brian Simmons might be the toughest athlete in the world (SB Nation)
• How Barack Obama Vindicated ‘The Cult of the Presidency’ (The Atlantic)
What are you reading?
Price to Earnings Ratio (PE ratio), 1900 to present
Source: Chart of the Day
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.