My morning reads:
• 2013 S&P 500: Analysts Predict How High It Will Go (Minyanville) see also Stock Buybacks Expected to Increase (NYT)
• David Rosenberg: Why Carney is the Wayne Gretzky of Canadian finance (The Globe and Mail)
• California Finds Economic Gloom Starting to Lift (NYT) but see ECRI Weekly Leading Index: Index Rises, Growth Diminishes (advisorperspectives)
• Milton Friedman’s Distortions (Unlearning Economics)
• American Housing Casino Revives After Big Drop: Mortgages (Bloomberg) see also Housing’s recovery looks real, but road back is still long (USA Today)
• Why Finland’s Unorthodox Education System Is The Best In The World (Business Insider)
• Gas tanker Ob River attempts first winter Arctic crossing (BBC)
• Soaring iPhone 5 sales in US knock Android into second place (KantarWorldPanel) see also Enterprises buying iPhones ‘in droves’: Here’s the tipping point (ZDNet)
• The folly of making political prediction markets like Intrade illegal (Reuters)
• 100 Notable Books of 2012 (NYT)
What are you reading?
Myspace grows 1% as Facebook falls double digits 10%
Source: The Orange County Register
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.