My morning reads:
• Investors Rush to Beat Threat of Higher Taxes (NYT)
• The new boom: Shale gas fueling an American industrial revival (Washington Post)
• Proof that austerity measures are making European economies worse, not better (Quartz) see also Bond investor takes big punt on Ireland (FT Alphaville)
• David Merkel: Think longer term with your investments (Aleph)
• Apple Investors Are Still Wusses (All Things D)
• DeMark Fibonacci Charts Embraced by Cohen Lure Investors (BusinessWeek)
• The Tablet Market Grows Cluttered (NYT) see also Dell, HP Earnings Expected to Herald the End of PC Era (Bloomberg)
• If you’re 27 or younger, you’ve never experienced a colder-than-average month (Grist) see also Grantham To Climate Scientists: ‘Be Persuasive. Be Brave. Be Arrested (If Necessary)’ (Think Progress)
• Why We Like Crisp, New Dollar Bills (Businessweek)
• How ‘black swans’ and ‘perfect storms’ become lame excuses for bad risk management (Eurek Alert) see also Frankenstorm, the Not So Black Swan: Climate as the New Risk Variable (All About Alpha)
What are you reading?
CapEx Investment Falls Off a Cliff
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.