My afternoon train reads:
• Charlie Rose Talks to Jeremy Grantham (Businessweek)
• How Academic Research Destroys Stock Values (The Chronicle) see also Cash as Trash, Cash as King, and Cash as a Weapon (CFA Institute)
• Why We Can’t Solve Big Problems (Technology Review)
• Felix: Hero of the day, CPDO edition (Thomas Reuters) see also Goldman urges Supreme Court to end mortgage class-action (Thomas Reuters)
• Hard-hit by sanctions, Iran suspends 20-percent uranium enrichment (Al Arabiya News)
• Obama Stock Market’s Low Volatility Favors Incumbents (Bloomberg) see also Did Hurricane Sandy Blow Romney Off Course? (Five Thirty Eight)
• Where Voter-ID Laws May Decide the Election (The Root)
• Answer Three ‘Why’ Questions: Abstract Thinking Can Make You More Politically Moderate (Science Daily) see also Difficult-To-Read Font Reduces Political Polarity (Science Daily)
• Severe gas shortage relief in sight (Crains NY)
• Hurricane Sandy and Twitter as a self-cleaning oven for news (Gigaom) see also Disruptions: Twitter’s Uneasy Role in Guarding the Truth (Bits)
What are you reading?
Economist commodity-price index II
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.