My afternoon train reads:
• U.S. Oil Output to Overtake Saudi Arabia’s by 2020 (Bloomberg) see also U.S. to Be World’s Top Oil Producer in 5 Years, Report Says (NYT)
• Seriously, Apple Is Doomed (Daring Fireball)
• Banks should fear ominous new rulings in Fannie/Freddie MBS cases (Thomas Reuters)
• The Case Against a “Grand Bargain” (The New Yorker)
• European Central Bank Should Open Its Chamber of Secrets (Bloomberg)
• The driverless revolution rolls on (Fortune)
• Will This Election Settle Republicans’ Ayn Rand Debate? (Bloomberg)
• Management theory was hijacked in the 80s. We’re still suffering the fallout (The Guardian)
• An ancient civilization’s wet ascent, dry demise (Science News)
• Which Polls Fared Best (and Worst) in the 2012 Presidential Race (Five Thirty Eight)
What are you reading?
Why Are Stock Funds So Bad?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.