My afternoon train reads:
• U.S. Oil Output to Overtake Saudi Arabia’s by 2020 (Bloomberg) see also U.S. to Be World’s Top Oil Producer in 5 Years, Report Says (NYT)
• Seriously, Apple Is Doomed (Daring Fireball)
• Banks should fear ominous new rulings in Fannie/Freddie MBS cases (Thomas Reuters)
• The Case Against a “Grand Bargain” (The New Yorker)
• European Central Bank Should Open Its Chamber of Secrets (Bloomberg)
• The driverless revolution rolls on (Fortune)
• Will This Election Settle Republicans’ Ayn Rand Debate? (Bloomberg)
• Management theory was hijacked in the 80s. We’re still suffering the fallout (The Guardian)
• An ancient civilization’s wet ascent, dry demise (Science News)
• Which Polls Fared Best (and Worst) in the 2012 Presidential Race (Five Thirty Eight)
What are you reading?
Why Are Stock Funds So Bad?
Category: Financial Press