My morning reads:
• The Absence of Market Fear is Scary (Barron’s) see also The Biggest Risk: Complacency Over Fiscal Cliff (Barron’s)
• Wait for a Good Pitch to Hit (Above the Market)
• Are BRICS the World’s New Banker? (The Diplomat)
• The invisible bailout: Why the US economy is growing while Europe’s slides (Quartz)
• The death of volatility? (FT Alphaville)
• The Case for More Stimulus (And Bigger Deficits) (Policy Shop) but see World Economy in Best Shape for 18 Months, Poll Shows (Bloomberg)
• Which has fared best in the crisis, old money or new? (The Telegraph)
• Boring Conference is Surprisingly Interesting (Slate)
• Holiday Shopping Tips From a Behavioral Economist (Bloomberg) see also My Annual Holiday Shopping Gift Ideas (TBP)
• How to make your children intelligent (Economic Logic)
What are you reading?
Invisible bailout: Why US economy is growing but Europe’s slides
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.