My morning reads:
• Why Have Global Macro Hedge Funds Underperformed? (Pragmatic Capitalism) see also High-Frequency Trading and High Returns (The Baseline Scenario)
• Complaints Aside, Most Face Lower Tax Burden Than in 1980 (NYT)
• That 3-to-1 spending/taxes deal GOP rejected last year? Its looking pretty sweet versus 4-to-3 deal now on table (Politico) see also Republicans Reject Obama Budget as He Sells It to Public (Bloomberg)
• Should financial products be given Censor-like ratings for movies? – A,UA, U etc. (Mostly Economics)
• Watch what they do: CEOs actually fear higher taxes more than a recession (BreakingViews) see also A Pension Deficit Disorder: The Massive CEO Retirement Funds and Underfunded Worker Pensions at Firms Pushing Social Security Cuts (IPS)
• Is stock-picking just another hobby for men? (Reuters)
• China’s Oil Quest Comes to Iraq (The Diplomat) see also China Moves Forward in Opening Gold Market (MarketBeat)
• Happiness Policy (Boston Review)
• Polar Ice Sheets Melt Faster (WSJ) see also 60-Million-Year Debate on Grand Canyon’s Age (NYT)
• The Father of Fractals (WSJ)
What are you reading?
Investors Warm to Spanish, Italian Debt
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.