Traveling for Thanksgiving? Fire up the tablet and enjoy some pre-holiday reads!
• Birinyi: Sixth Myths About the Stock Market (MarketBeat)
• 10 things stores won’t say about Black Friday (MarketWatch) see also Bionic Mannequins Spy on Shoppers to Boost Luxury Sales (Bloomberg)
• HP’s Accounting Claims Are Seen as Cover for Bad Deals (Bloomberg) see also H-P Says It Was Duped, Takes $8.8 Billion Charge (WSJ)
• The Making Of A Great Contraction With A Liquidity Trap and A Jobless Recovery (The National Bureau of Economic Research)
• Wall Street Kept Winning on Mortgages Upending Homeowners (Bloomberg) see also Mortgage Settlement Monitor “Progress” Report Gooses Numbers to Hide Lack of Real Relief to Homeowners (Naked Capitalism)
• Apple and the Desire for Control (Bits)
• Todays WTF Headline: Republican-Heavy Counties Eat Up Most Food-Stamp Growth (Bloomberg) see also The Confederacy of Takers (Washington Post)
• You Can’t Say That on the Internet (NYT)
• Modern wheat a “perfect, chronic poison,” doctor says (CBS News)
• After Obama, Christie Wants a G.O.P. Hug (NYT) see also Conservative Republicans fight back after Romney loss (Washington Post)
What are you eating tomorrow?
Will Retailers’ Black Friday Strategies Work?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.