My afternoon train reads:
• Why Things Fail: From Tires to Helicopter Blades, Everything Breaks Eventually (Wired)
• How China Became Capitalist (The American)
• Changing the Conventional Wisdom on Wall Street (Economix)
• Europe’s Recession (Dr.Ed’s Blog)
• Katrina’s Effect on Jobless Claims vs. Sandy (Avondale Asset Management) see also Hurricane Sandy’s huge size: freak of nature or climate change? (Dr. Jeff Masters’ WunderBlog)
• The Long Story of U.S. Debt, From 1790 to 2011, in 1 Little Chart (The Atlantic)
• 10 things 401(k) plans won’t tell you (MarketWatch)
• Is it game over for Grover Norquist? (Salon) see also Tax Reform Won’t Save the World (Bloomberg)
• Human intelligence ‘peaked thousands of years ago and we’ve been on an intellectual and emotional decline ever since’ (Independent)
• John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John Christmas Album Plunges Nation Into Double-Dip Recession (The Onion)
What are you reading?
Stocks Can’t Shake Their Funk
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.