Pull up a chair and a cup of joe — here are some longer form reads to start your weekend:
• Billions on Flood Barriers Now Might Save New York City (Bloomberg) see also It’s Déjà Vu for the Financial District (WSJ)
• Felix: When Quants tell stories (Reuters)
• The digital challenge: The fate of the book (The New Criterion)
• The history of cannabis in Colorado…or how the state went to pot (Westword)
• The 5 Smartest Things on Wall Street (TheStreet.com)
• Beating the recruitment machines (BBC) see also Healing U.S. Labor Market Means Fewer Temporary Jobs (Bloomberg)
• The Republicans: Behind the Barricades (NY Books)
• The Science of “Intuition” (Brain Pickings)
• First Serial: Marvel Comics, The Untold Story (Grantland)
• The Long Con: Mail-order conservatism (The Baffler) see also The Revenge Of Rick Perry (The New Republic)
What are you reading?
Slower Growth Seen in a Graying World
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.