Its Saturday morning, and that means its time for some longer form reads to keep you busy over the weekend:
• Paul Volcker: What the New President Should Consider (NY Review of Books)
• Luck and Skill Untangled: Q&A with Michael Mauboussin (Wired)
• The Vine Nerds (Wired)
• Microsoft has failed (Semi Accurate) see also Windows 8 Sales Well Below Projections, Plenty of Blame to Go Around (Thurott)
• The Hazards of Growing Up Painlessly (NYT)
• When Congress Busted Milton Friedman and Libertarianism Was Created By Big Business Lobbyists (NSFW Corp)
• BEST. REVIEW. EVER. As Not Seen on TV Restaurant Review: Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar in Times Square (NYT) see also Guy Fieri’s Most Disgusting Food is Not Even at His Times Square Restaurant (Gawker)
• Engineers’ Warnings in 2009 Detailed Storm Surge Threat to the Region (NYT)
• Stray penises and politicos (David Simon)
• The Great Campaign Polling Conspiracy (Bloomberg) see also How Conservative Media Lost to the MSM and Failed the Rank and File (The Atlantic)
What are you doing this weekend?
Brett Arends: Why Microsoft Beats Apple
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.