My end of week NFP-free reading:
• Demographics drives spending: The Baby Boom Bump (NYT)
• The Infrastructure Cliff: Why the U.S. Desperately Needs a $2.5 Trillion Upgrade (The Atlantic) see also Should Plummeting Interest Rates Change Deficit Hawks’ Arguments? (Next New Deal)
• A new take on causality (The Physics of Finance)
• How Have Analysts Performed? (Bespoke) see also The Sandy excuse for poor performance (Sober Look)
• Soaring Rents Drive a Boom in Apartments (NYT)
• How to Fairly Punish Bad Banks (The Motley Fool)
• Jim DeMint and the death of think tanks (Wonkblog) see also The Odd Choice of Jim DeMint at Heritage (Bloomberg)
• Artist captures bizarre images shot by Google’s Street View cameras (NY Daily News)
• The 50 Best Animal Photos Of 2012 (BuzzFeed)
• Albert Brooks: “We Will Lose the War to China Because of Twitter” (Vanity Fair)
What are you doing this weekend?
Benefits Leader Reins In 401(k)s
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.