My morning reads:
• Wall Street isn’t that worried about the fiscal cliff. Is it savvy or stupid? (Wonkblog)
• Tax the Traders! It Would Solve Economic Crisis and Stop Reckless Trading. (Slate) see also Dark Trading on Public Exchanges (Social Science Research Network)
• Health Stocks a Port in Market Storm (WSJ)
• It’s a record! And other thoughts on the consumerism frenzy (Business Journalism)
• Demand for Miami Real Estate Intensifies Further in October as Pending Sales Spike 67% Over Last Year (World Property Channel) see also Toll Brothers Rings Up Profits in Housing Comeback (The Daily Beast)
• Summers Opposed as Fed Chairman by Almost 50% in Survey (Bloomberg)
• How Republicans Put Elizabeth Warren In The Senate — And On The Banking Committee (The National Memo) see also Bankers on Warren: What, us worry? (Politico)
• Steve Ballmer’s Nightmare Is Coming True (Yahoo Finance)
• Republicans not handling election results well (Public Policy Polling)
• The 45 Most Powerful Images Of 2012 (BuzzFeed)
What are you reading?
Chart of the Day
Source: Chart of the Day
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.