My Sunday morning reads:
• Ben Bernanke’s Secret Message to Congress: More Stimulus, Please (The Atlantic)
• Why Robert Khuzami Would Be a Terrible Choice to Head the SEC Given Read (naked capitalism) see also ‘Whale’ Capsized Banks’ Rule Effort (WSJ)
• Obama Eyes $108 Billion Annual Asia Prize Vying With China Trade (Bloomberg)
• History lesson: Why the Bush tax cuts were enacted (Washington Post) see also Zachary Karabell: The bright side of the fiscal cliff (Reuters)
• Nassim Taleb: My rules for life (The Guardian)
• Federal Power to Intercept Messages Is Extended (NYT)
• Greenland and Antarctica ‘have lost four trillion tonnes of ice’ in 20 years (Guardian) see also 2012 Arctic Report Card (Climate Watch)
• IQ ‘a myth,’ study says (The Star)
• Clout Diminished, Tea Party Turns to Narrower Issues (NYT) see also Is Fox Even Helping the Republicans Anymore? (Huffington Post)
• 6 Simple Rituals To Reach Your Potential Every Day (Fast Company)
What are you doing this New Year’s Eve?
Chinese growth faces a more sober economy in 2013
Source: The Economist
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.