I prefer not to discuss child massacres this morning: Here is what else is happening today:
• Paul Lim: The Economy and Stocks: A Big Disconnect (NYT)
• So, apart from the roads — which go without saying — the aqueduct, sanitation, irrigation, medicine, education, wine, public baths and public order — what have the Romans ever done for us? (FT Alphaville)
• Pop Goes the Art Bubble (Daily Beast)
• 17 Things I Learned From Reading Every Last Word of The Economist’s “The World in 2013” Issue (The 6th Floor)
• Five myths about tax reform (WaPo)
• Obama to Run Most Health Marketplaces as States Opt Out (Bloomberg)
• Lie of the Year: the Romney campaign’s ad on Jeeps made in China (PolitiFact)
• Apple, Google, Amazon, And Facebook Have Declared World War 3 (Business Insider)
• Why People Believe Weird Things and 8 Ways to Change Their Minds (PSY Blog)
• Spoof plan to make Montreal dogs bilingual fools ‘New York’ magazine, ‘Raw Story’ (Daily Caller)
What are you having for brunch?
Only 10 Companies created 88% of S&P500 Earnings Growth in 2012
click for larger graphic
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.