My afternoon reading:
• Hedge funds have had another lousy year, to cap a disappointing decade (Economist)
• Its Garbage Time (TRB)
• “Fiscal cliff” creates waiting game for payrolls firms (Chicago Tribune)
• Household Formation is the Most Overlooked Statistic in Economics (The Atlantic)
• We know nothing because we read newspapers (Fabius Maximus) see also The media – a broken component of America’s machinery to observe and understand the world (Fabius Maximus)
• Regulatory ‘Whale’ Hunt Advances (WSJ)
• Guns Are Out of Stock at Wal-Mart; Magazine Prices Surge (Bloomberg) but see Gun control and the waning influence of the NRA (Eclecta Blog)
• 2013 may look a lot like 2012 (The Buzz)
• Why are we debating cuts to Social Security? (Yahoo News) see also Medicare Spending Isn’t Out of Control, HealthCare Spending Is (Economix)
• Sandy Tops List of 2012 Extreme Weather & Climate Events (Climate Central)
What are you reading?
Venture Capital to Suppress Its Appetite for Risk in 2013
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.