Good Friday morning — your order of reads is ready:
• The Six Biggest Investing Lessons of 2012 (TRB)
• IPOs Slump to Lowest Level Since Financial Crisis (Bloomberg)
• Norris: Reading Pessimism in the Market for Bonds (NYT)
• View from a Greek Economist: Ten highs and ten lows, circa 2012 (Yanis Varoufakis)
• Of Flying Cars and the Declining Rate of Profit (The Baffler)
• ‘Whale’ Capsized Banks’ Rule Effort (WSJ) see also The S.E.C. at a Turning Point (Economix)
• Lunch with the FT: Tyler Cowen (FT Alphaville)
• What Indicted SAC Capital Portfolio Manager Martoma Can Learn from Crazy Eddie (White Collar Fraud)
• Do super PACS have a right to lie? (Columbia Journalism Review)
• List of dates predicted for apocalyptic events (Wikipedia) see also A prayer for 2013 (South China Morning Post)
What are you up to this weekend?
Market’s Fear Gauge Reaches Critical Level
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.