Since this is a day dedicated to peace, here are some sources for those of you interested in facts and data and stuff:
• Gun homicides and gun ownership listed by country (Guardian)
• Harvard Injury Control Research Center says results are clear: more guns = more homicide.
• 12 Facts About Guns in the U.S. (Washington Post)
• The gun control that works (Economist)
• A Land Without Guns: How Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths (The Atlantic)
• Battleground America: The United States of Guns (New Yorker)
• Six facts about guns, violence, and gun control (Washington Post)
• The money behind the Newtown massacre (Fortune)
• The Geography of U.S. Gun Violence: Gun deaths correlate to per capita gun ownership (The Atlantic)
• Fifteen things to know about Australia’s incredibly effective gun clampdown (Quartz)
• Pro Publica also reviews The Best Reporting on Guns in America
The factual data is pretty sobering . . .
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.