My morning reads:
• Stocks (Finally) Shake the Postelection Blues (WSJ)
• Gold Surges in Popularity, but Is It Stuck Without an Ever-Easing Fed? (Yahoo Finance) but see Capping the Gold Price (FT Alphaville)
• Jack Bogle wants to stop those naughty speculators (Sober Look)
• What could sabotage this stock market? (MarketWatch) but see There’s No Santa Claus Rally? (Barron’s)
• Here’s your best bet to beat a ‘rigged’ market (MarketWatch)
• Google Chairman Says Android Winning Mobile War With Apple (Bloomberg) see also Apple Tests Designs for TV (WSJ)
• Bartlett: The Real Long-Term Cost of the Norquist Pledge (Economix)
• The Hollowing Out of America (History News Network)
• Why Too Much Data Disables Your Decision Making (Psychology Today) see also Revisiting why incompetents think they’re awesome (arstechnica)
• Augmented Light Bulb Turns a Desk Into a Touch Screen (Technology Review)
What are you reading?
Inside the Risky Bets of Central Banks
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.