Nice illustration of the “epic struggles” that the tech giants — Google, Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Microsoft — are locked in.

Source: Wired

Category: Digital Media, Technology

8 Responses to “Warships of Silicon Valley”

1. ByteMe says:

They need to just all merge together and form one giant company and call themselves… I don’t know… Germany.

2. noahmckinnon says:

A Facebook “warship” just sticks out as so sinkable, but please don’t ask me to back that up with hard data. I don’t like Facebook, don’t use it, but appreciate that many of my friends do.

3. Livermore Shimervore says:

I use Amazon as a search tool of sorts (product information/reviews) about 10x’s more than I ever use Bing. Amazon can do a lot more with with its site.

4. huxrules says:

Not the best infographic ever posted. Yes all the silicon giants are battling for mostly the same territory. The only thing missing is google’s foray into selling it’s own internet service(s)- which to me is the biggest tech story of the vear.

5. wrongtrade says:

For those of us that aren’t that smart and are always wrong, does this mean we need to own Google?

6. Bob A says:

the microsoft ship should be sinking

7. mitchn says:

And to think, in fifty years their products will be as quaint as buggy whips.

8. Frilton Miedman says:

Here’s a thought, every single transaction, text, Email and phone call on that infographic is recorded & saved by the NSA without your knowledge or consent.