My longer form readings for your weekend enjoyment — this may be my favorite list in a long time:
• Why Too Much Data Disables Your Decision Making (Psychology Today)
• The Science Behind Those Obama Campaign E-Mails (Businessweek)
• The Ups and Downs of Making Elevators Go (WSJ)
• Entitlements Scare Tactics (The Baseline Scenario) see also Greedy Geezers, Reconsidered (The American Prospect)
• The rise and fall of Lenny Dykstra (Newsday)
• We Are Alive: Profile of Bruce Springsteen at sixty-two (The New Yorker)
• The History of Boredom (Smithsonian Magazine)
• Why the Art World Is So Loathsome (Slate)
• The Making of a Philosophy Professor (The Chronicle)
• The Demonic Genius of Daniel Tosh (The Atlantic) see also What’s so funny? (The Times Literary Supplement)
What are you reading?
Apple’s Power Within
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.