These are the longer form readings that have caught my eye this week, curated for your leisurely weekend reading pleasure:
• The Kobe Assist (Grantland)
• How to Be Disrespectful Respectfully (Psychology Today)
• A gripping history of the 40 years since wealth started falling up (Nieman Reports)
• Banking and The Art World: Gold, Golden, Gilded, Glittering (Believer)
• Beef’s Raw Edges (The Kansas City Star)
• How we read (FT Alphaville)
• Pardis Sabeti, the Rollerblading Rock Star Scientist of Harvard (Smithsonian)
• What Will 2030 Look Like? (Above the Market)
• You Hate “Right To Work” Laws More Than You Know. Here’s Why (NSFWCORP)
• Fortune Interview: Larry Page on Google (Fortune)
What are you reading?
International Patent Applications (by country)
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.