Thse are my longer form journalism for your weekend reading pleasure:
• Modern Portfolio Theory is for Nitiots (Mercenary Trader)
• Defying Gravity, Wealth Moved Upwards (Nieman Reports) see also McDonald’s $8.25 Man and $8.75 Million CEO Shows Pay Gap (Bloomberg)
• The Bribery Aisle: How Wal-Mart Got Its Way in Mexico (NYT)
• Cartoon Blues: The Life of The New Yorker’s Favorite Depressive Is Drawn Out in New Bio (New York Observer)
• Amazing tale of a desperate WWII pilot’s encounter with a German flying ace (New York Post)
• The Woes of an American Drone Operator (Spiegel)
• The great swindle: fake ideas and fake emotions have elbowed out truth and beauty (aeon)
• Let’s Eliminate Sports Welfare (Sports on Earth)
• This Is Not a Profile of Nassim Taleb (The Chronicle Review)
• Postmodern Cézanne (The Weekly Standard)
What shopping do you have left?
Faiths and the faithless: The world’s religious make-up
Source: The Economist
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.