Some longer form reads to begin your extended weekend:
• Scientology: The Tip of the Spear (LA Magazine) Note: This is the article that brought Scientology into the light tears ago
• Ooh a chair! Signs of Changes Taking Hold in Electronics Factories in China (NYT)
• The Structure of Scientific Revolutions at Fifty (The New Atlantis) but see The Folly of Scientism (The New Atlantis)
• The Boy Who Became a World War II Veteran at 13 Years Old (Past Imperfect)
• The Sharp, Sudden Decline of America’s Middle Class (Rolling Stone)
• The Fixers: How ‘Fix the Debt’ Won Over Wall Street and Built a Fiscal Cliff Army (NY Magazine)
• What Turned Jaron Lanier Against the Web? (Smithsonian)
• Three lessons from the near-final popular vote (Los Angeles Times) see also Setting the Stage for a Second Term (TIME)
• Alan Turing in three words (The Times Literary Supplement)
• What are the top five books you must-read? (Barking Up The Wrong Tree)
What do you have going on this weekend?
Why you’re right to be obsessed with Apple stock
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.