My morning reads:
• Almost All of Wall Street Got 2012 Market Calls Wrong (Bloomberg) see also Gold Set for Worst Run Since 2004 as Fed Sees End to Purchases (Bloomberg)
• Lessons From Europe on Averting Disaster (NYT)
• Inside UPS’ Worldport: How a shipping titan moves 2,000 packages every 17 seconds (engadget)
• Happy New Year? Not for Bonds (WSJ)
• Like Wine, Hedge Funds Have a ‘Terroir’ (AllAboutAlpha)
• At Long Last, A Permanent Patch for A Dreaded AMT Tax (TIME)
• Did Ricardian Equivalence kill the Pigou effect? (Mainly Macro)
• What Will Make These Fiscal Showdowns Stop? (Harvard Business Review) see also Up Next, the epic battle over debt (Chicago Tribune)
• Instagram users: You ARE the product (MarketWatch)
• The Hundred Best Lists of All Time (The New Yorker)
What are you reading?
Investors Sour on Pro Stock Pickers
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.