My early morning pre-travel reading:
• Getting Technical: Apple Still in Rising Trend (Barron’s) but see How Apple ate Wall Street: No company has ever had as big an impact on your portfolio (Marketwatch)
• Market Bears on the Brink: ‘I Can’t Fight It Anymore’ (CNBC)
• The Dual Duties of the Next S.E.C. Chief (NYT) see also A Signal to Wall Street In Obama’s Pick For Regulators (Dealbook)
• Natural gas is just what clean energy needs (Fortune)
• Norris: Housing Offers Hope of Strength in the Economy (NYT) but see Gross: Housing’s Back—and That’s Bad News (Daily Beast)
• Stories, Control, Fundamentals and Panic (Psy-Fi Blog)
• The truth behind Mickelson’s taxes (CNN/Money)
• JP Morgan CEO condemns ‘five years of scapegoating’ of banks (theguardian) see also Timothy Geithner on Populism, Paul Ryan, and His Legacy (The New Republic)
• Journalists in the service of Pete Peterson (Remapping Debate)
• A $17-billion RIA doubles down on a social media strategy that netted it 50 Facebook employees (RIABiz) see also Why sudden wealth at Facebook is gushing into a $17-billion RIA and triggered a merger of two DFA giants (RIABiz)
Whats up for the weekend?
Aging US Labor Force
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.