My afternoon train reads:
• Vanguard puts active managers in a spin (FT.com) see also The Appeal of Investments That Cost More and Return Less (Bucks)
• The Market’s Unrelenting Cheer Makes Some Nervous (Businessweek)
• New, from Morgan Stanley: An Asset So Toxic They Called It ‘Nuclear Holocaust’ (Dealbook)
• Jamie Dimon Laments Too-Big-to-Fail? Give Me a Break (The Ticker) see also Too Big To Jail? The Top 10 Civil Cases Against the Banks (Frontline)
• Dallas Fed: Small Banks Key to Financial Stability (Yahoo Finance)
• Andean glaciers melting at ‘unprecedented’ rates (The Guardian) see also Koch-Funded Study Finds 2.5°F Warming Of Land Since 1750 Is Manmade, ‘Solar Forcing Does Not Appear To Contribute’ (ThinkProgress)
• Ray Lewis and Michael Phelps: An unusual friendship between Baltimore’s brightest stars (Washington Post)
• WTF? GOP Stunt On Debt Ceiling Is Total Surrender To White House (Stan Collender’s Capital Gains and Games)
• Here’s how you’ll waste 43 days of your life (MarketWatch)
• What Happened to Downtime? The Extinction of Deep Thinking & Sacred Space (99u)
What are you reading?
Firms Keep Stockpiles of ‘Foreign’ Cash in U.S.
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.