Good Monday morning. Here are my morning reads:
• Taibbi: Secret and Lies of the Bailout (RollingStone)
• Besides Gold, Economists Don’t Agree On Much (Businessweek)
• VIX This Week – Record Cliff Dive, Down 39.1% (CBOE Communities) see also VIX Has Largest Weekly Down Move Since Inception (Global Macroman)
• Explaining the Silliness of the Debt Ceiling and Platinum Coin to The Rest of • Magic, markets and models of science (Magic, Maths and Money)
the World… (Pragmatic Capitalism)
• Banks Win 4-Year Delay as Basel Liquidity Rule Loosened (Bloomberg) see also Banks Win an Easing of Rules on Assets (NYT)
• Queenan: People Who Need Rich People (WSJ)
• Superstorm Sandy and the importance of polar orbiting satellites in forecasting (Dr. Jeff Masters’ WunderBlog) see also Climate change is big business (for the insurance industry) (arstechnica)
• Andy Kessler: In the Privacy Wars, It’s iSpy vs. gSpy (WSJ)
• The Dot-Com Era Finally Comes to an End (Barron’s)
What are you reading?
Happy New Year? Not for Bonds
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.