My morning reads:
• Is a New Bull Market Here? (Barron’s)
• Escaping the Fear Factory (TRB) versus Time bomb to market meltdown ticks louder (MarketWatch)
• Goodbye, Anecdotes! The Age Of Big Data Demands Real Criticism (The Awl)
• Is Finance Too Big? (The Grumpy Economist) see also How much value does the finance industry create? (Noah Opinion)
• The Mind’s Compartments Create Conflicting Beliefs (Scientific American)
• Taxing by John Cassidy (New Yorker) see also How to Owe Capital-Gains Taxes Without Even Trying (WSJ)
• Unlucky (Lame) Ducks? Second terms aren’t always a disaster. Many presidents have had significant wins (WSJ)
• The Trend Against Skeuomorphic Textures and Effects in User Interface Design (Daring Fireball) see also Facebook’s Other Big Disruption (Bits)
• Lack Of Up-To-Date Research Complicates Gun Debate (NPR)
• In U.S., 46% Hold Creationist View of Human Origins (Gallup) wtf?! Gallup Poll: 58% of Republicans Are Young Earth Creationists (Little Green Footballs)
What are you reading?
Overbought and Oversold Markets
Source: Global Macro Monitor
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.