My morning reads:
• Warren ♥ Banks: Buffett Says Banks Cleared of Excess Risk Pose No Threat to U.S. (Bloomberg)
• Not exactly: Five Brutal Years Teach Investors to Sit Tight (Businessweek)
• Doug Kass: 15 Surprises for 2013 (Real Money)
• New Target in Finger-Pointing Over Housing Bubble (DealBook)
• Button-Down Central Bank Bets It All (WSJ)
• Mediocrity Strikes Again (The Capital Spectator) see also The Arithmetic of Active Management (Stanford)
• The platinum coin idea is idiotic. That is the point. (Wonkblog)
• A Bold Dissenter at the Fed, Hoping His Doubts Are Wrong (NYT) see also Too-Big-To-Fail Banks Gamble With Bernanke Bucks (Huffington Post)
• Bill Gates: The optimist’s timeline (live mint)
• America’s staggering defense budget, in charts (Wonkblog)
What are you reading?
The appreciating renminbi
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.