My early morning reads:
• Heady Returns, but Apple Finds Its Stock Falling (NYT) see also Apple Sales Gain Slowest Since ’09 as Competition Climbs (Bloomberg)
• Jed Rakoff: The judge who rules on business (Fortune)
• Dr. Doom says quantitative easing will create zombie banks, firms and borrowers (Guardian)
• 6 Reasons the Stock Market Could Do Surprisingly Well in 2013 (Time) versus Is the Dow Making a New Top? (Profit Confidential)
• Yahoo, Dell Swell Netherlands’ $13 Trillion Tax Haven (Bloomberg)
• Rising House Prices, Not Stocks, Make People Feel Wealthy (Real Time Economics) see also Case, Quigley & Shiller: Wealth Effects Revisited: 1975-2012 (NBER)
• Is The “Self-Promotion-And-Envy Spiral” Taking Down Facebook? (Testosterone Pit)
• Wolf: America’s fiscal policy is not in crisis (FT.com) see also Krugman: Martin Wolf, Hippie (NYT)
• The Zero Dark Thirty File (The National Security Archieve)
• Obama Could Bypass Congress to Fulfill Climate Pledge (Bloomberg) see also China Clean-Air Bid Faces Resistance (WSJ)
Are you dressing in layers?
Stock Market Rallies
Source: Chart of the Day
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.