My afternoon train reads:
• The four business gangs that run the US (Sydney Morning Herald)
• Bill Gross: Money for Nothin’ Writing Checks for Free (PIMCO)
• Untangling Skill and Luck in Business, Sports, and Investing (Farnam Street) see also Foul shooting and luck (Sabermetric Research)
• The Fall and Rise of the West (Foreign Affairs) see also Europe (Dr.Ed’s Blog)
• The Failure of Peterson-ism (Slate)
• “Budget Crusader” Ryan Stays Silent in Fiscal Showdown With Obama (Bloomberg) see also Paul Ryan vs. Marco Rubio (National Journal)
• Perverse Economics of the Electric Grid: As Generation Gets Cheaper, Transmission Costs Soar (Forbes)
• To Take the Hassle Out of Traveling, Pack These Apps (WSJ)
• Insight: How Colombian drug traffickers used HSBC to launder money (Reuters) priorities Revealed: how the FBI coordinated the crackdown on Occupy (theguardian)
• Why BuzzFeed raised new venture capital (Fortune)
What are you reading?
REITs Gained in 2012 on Economy, Housing
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.