My afternoon train reads:
• CFPB releases new mortgage rules in bid to reduce risky lending (Washington Post) see also U.S. Consumer Watchdog to Issue Mortgage Rules (NYT)
• AIG: The Top 5 Moments of Mind-Melting Chutzpah (Minyanville)
• Are There Really No Good Job Applicants Out There? (Economix) see also The Jobs With the Highest and Lowest Unemployment Rates in the U.S. (The Atlantic)
• The politicisation (or not) of central banks (FT.com)
• Why You Can’t Buy a New Car Online (Mother Jones)
• The Placebo Phenomenon (Harvard Magazine)
• Beware of fancy infographics–spammers may be lurking behind them (IT World)
• Health Care and Profits, a Poor Mix (NYT) see also Social Security/Medicare vs Corporate Welfare (ataxingmatter)
• 2012 World Press Photo (World Press Photo)
• The Hundred Best Lists of All Time (Shouts and Murmurs)
What are you reading?
Button-Down Central Bank Bets It All
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.