My afternoon train reading:
• Bridgewater’s Dalio: ‘Game Changer’ as Money Shifts (Bloomberg)
• The great ETF mega-war (Fortune)
• Are you a value investor? Take the Apple test (Musings on Markets)
• Immigration reform could boost U.S. economic growth (Reuters) see also Bartlett on Employment: Outsourcing, Insourcing and Automation (Economix)
• Economics and the maximization of profit (and lies). (Dan Ariely)
• How Public Power Jump-Started the New Deal (Echoes) see also One Investment That Can Reduce Our Long-Term Debt (The Fiscal Times)
• Attention shoppers: Retailers can now track you across the mall (ITWorld)
• Americans Most Satisfied With Military, Least With Economy (Gallup) see also Consumer Confidence in U.S. Falls to Lowest Level Since 2011 (Bloomberg)
• Solar: It’s about to be a whole new world. (Noahpinion)
• Risks of Hurricane Sandy-like Surge Events Rising (Climate Central) see also Why Greenland’s Melting Could Be the Biggest Climate Disaster of All (Mother Jones)
What are you reading?
REBALANCE: This Year, Getting Knocked Off Balance May Be a Good Thing
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.