I have been having fun mocking friends and family on both sides of the political aisle. GOP colleagues who keep telling me BHO is a Socialist, while Dems think he is the next JFK.
I enjoy disabusing them of their political biases by explaining to them Barack Obama’s actual politics.
Politically, he is a modern day Richard Nixon. I don’t mean the Watergate, thing, I mean his budgets, policies and relations with the two parties.
Sure, he is Pro-Choice, and is also pro Gay Marriage rights. But look at his actual track record:
• He extended Bush TARP;
• Like W, he refused to prosecute banks;
• He made 98% of the Bush cuts permanent;
• When Unions were under attack by various GOP governors, he mostly stayed silent.
• Oh, and he forced GM into prepackaged bankruptcy;
• His healthcare plan was a national version of RomneyCare, created by a conservative GOP ThinkTank;
• He continues to engage in a long distance war that he promised to end
• He was willing to throw Social Security under the bus at a moment’s notice
• His stimulus plan consisted mostly of temporary tax cuts and unemployment benefit extensions, not true Keynesian stimulus (infrastructure, defense, etc.)
• He keeps trying desperately to cut a deal with GOP members
I am not saying any of these things are good or bad — its merely an observation.
But its hard to avoid recognizing that all of these major policies are much more GOP-like than Democrat-like things
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.