My afternoon train reading:
• Don’t write off the 60/40 portfolio just yet: Vanguard (Investment News)
• Remembering the father of low-volatility investing (MarketWatch)
• How The Rothschilds Created Modern Finance And A Vast Fortune That Has Lasted For Centuries (Business Insider)
• Why the multiplier doesn’t matter (Noahpinion)
• Asteroid mining 2022 a $1 trillion bet for Earth (MarketWatch)
• Mobile Apps Drive Rapid Change in Searches (NYT)
• A Mortgage Bond Boom Isn’t a Housing Recovery (Bloomberg)
• Samsung Profit Beats Estimates as Galaxy Fends Off IPhone 5 (Bloomberg) see also Apple’s next iPhone to reportedly feature larger screen and ‘brand new exterior design (BGR)
• What People Who Live to 100 Have in Common (Yahoo News)
• Confessions from flight attendants (Los Angeles Times)
What are you reading?
About That Large Drop in the VIX…
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.