Ahhh, good to be back. Here are my long form pieces of journalism to start your snowy weekend:
• Siri Rising: The Inside Story Of Siri’s Origins — And Why She Could Overshadow The iPhone (Huffington Post)
• What Is Middle Class in Manhattan? (NYT)
• Exposed: The regime of fear inside Barclays – and how the boss lied and shredded the evidence (DailyMail)
• How To Solve Problems Like Sherlock Holmes (Fast Co.Create)
• Awaiting a New Darwin (The New York Review of Books)
• Buying the NYSE, in One Shot (NYT)
• The Delights of Disgust (The Chronicle)
• TOASTMASTER: HYPOCRISY, EXPLOSIVE LISTENING, AND THE FEAR OF DEATH AT THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OF PUBLIC SPEAKING (The Believer)
• Frontline & Longreads: Inside Obama’s Presidency (Frontline)
• The Placebo Phenomenon (Harvard Magazine)
What’s up for the weekend?
Bull Market Winding Down. Don’t Panic
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.