My morning reads:
• Awash in liquidity, the global economy remains sluggish (Washington Post) see also Euro zone economy falls deeper than expected into recession (Reuters)
• Surprise! S&P 500 Earnings Don’t Suck (The Fiscal Times)
• Average hedge fund fee significantly lower than reported (All About Alpha)
• Hearsay Economics (The Conscience of a Liberal)
• Gold Bears Braced for U.S. to China Growth Recovery (Bloomberg)
• BECAUSE THEY DID SO WELL WITH THIS LAST TIME: Proposal Gives Banks More Freedom to Value Assets (NYT)
• On the minimum wage: Don’t Cheap Out, Big Biz! (The Daily Beast)
• Geithner doctrine lives on in Libor affair (FT.com) see also Libor accords leave banks facing ‘massive’ state claims (Business Standard)
• To swap loss stories? Lehman Seeks to Question Ex-JPMorgan ‘London Whale’ (Bloomberg)
• Dinosaur extinction battle flares (SFGate)
What are you reading?
Stock-Trading Glitches Decline: Are we actually curbing market disruptions, or have we just been lucky??
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.